Safe together in Ski amadé
Information about Covid-19
Our ski areas are open for you!
The 2G rule (vaccinated or recovered) applies in the entire ski area, in the hotel and catering industry.
Link ski ticket with 2G proof now
Currently valid entry requirements to Austria:
2G + PCR test (exception: 3rd vaccination already received, pregnant women and children under 12 years of age)
Corona safety measures for winter operation in Ski amadé
- Skiing is currently possible for everyone who can provide proof of 2G (vaccinated or recovered).
- The hotel and catering industry has been open again for you since December 17th. The 2G obligation applies (vaccinated or recovered).
- There will be hardly any restrictions for those who have been vaccinated or those who have recovered. Any measures will primarily affect the unvaccinated, whoever is vaccinated should have easier access to all winter vacation areas (possible exceptions may come into force due to a lockdown).
- The permanent wearing of an FFP2 mask (see "Where do you have to wear a mask?") Is compulsory in all closed gondolas and lifts as well as in stations for everyone from 6 years of age. Children between the ages of 6 and 12 can also wear mouth and nose protection.
- According to current knowledge, there should no longer be capacity restrictions or distance rules.
Austria is reacting to the expansion of the Omikron variant with stricter entry regulations:
A 2-G + certificate is required for entry. In addition, a current PCR test (valid for 72 hours) or a booster vaccination (3rd vaccination) must be available, otherwise entry is possible, but a quarantine must be entered, which is ended by a negative test result. Exceptions apply, among others. for children and adolescents of school age as well as for children under 12 years of age and pregnant women.
Register online at
Persons insured abroad do not fill in the Social Security Number field. The appointment confirmation and photo ID must be presented in the test street.
The following test stations are available in Ski amadé:
State of Salzburg
- Rapid test station Radstadt – Rotes Kreuz Radstadt, Tauernstrasse 13, 5550 Radstadt
- Rapid test station St. Johann – Kongresshaus, Leo-Neumayer-Platz 1, 5600 St. Johann im Pongau
- Rapid test station Schwarzach – Salzburger Straße 2, 5620 Schwarzach
- Rapid test station at the Filzmoos community – leisure center, Neuberg 102, 5532 Filzmoos
Free rapid antigen test, cost for PCR test: 90 euros
- Kurapotheke Bad Gastein – free of charge for e-card owners, chargeable for others
- Test station at the Bad Hofgastein tourist office – free of charge for everyone
- Spa pharmacy in Bad Hofgastein – free of charge for e-card owners, chargeable for others
- Test options at the doctor Dr. Buchsteiner in practice – free of charge for e-card owners, chargeable for others
- Großarl pharmacy – free for Austrians
- Rapid test station Schladming – Bergwerkstraße 532, 8970 Schladming
- Medical center, Liezen – Rathausplatz 2, 8940 Liezen – free of charge for all nations
- Kulturhalle Gröbming – free of charge for all nations
Lift pass purchase information
- Currently, a 2G certificate (vaccinated or recovered) must be provided in order to use the cable cars.
- Lift passes can be bought easily and at any time in the Ski amadé online ticket shop or at the ticket offices on site.
- All guests must always have valid 2G proof of the current level with them when entering the ski area. The control or linking of ticket and the necessary 2G proof is done either online (portal currently still being worked out) or on site at the lift ticket offices or lift access points.
- According to current knowledge, children up to the age of 12 do not have to provide the necessary 2G proof.
- At BioNTech/Pfizer (Comirnaty), Moderna (Spikevax), AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria)
A maximum of 9 months (270 days) from the receipt of the second vaccination or the third vaccination
- At Johnson/Johnson (Janssen)
valid until January 2nd, 2022, after which a second dose is required for a valid Green Passport. This is valid for 9 months (270 days) from receipt of the vaccination
- Recovered 1/1 Vaccinated
One-time vaccination with an approved vaccine, if a Covid-19 infection was previously detected by a positive PCR test (at least 21 days before vaccination) or a neutralizing antibody test (no deadlines provided) – valid for up to 9 months (270 days) after receiving the vaccination
- All vaccines not approved in Austria (e.g. Sputnik V, Sinopharm- or Sinovac)
- 6 months (180 days) after an infection detected by molecular biology (positive PCR test)
Proof is the recovered certificate or a medical confirmation of a molecular-biological confirmed infection
Persons who cannot be vaccinated for health reasons and pregnant women:
If one of these cases applies, a consistently negative PCR test (valid for 72 hours from sample collection) must be submitted in addition to the medical certificate for one of the two reasons mentioned above. In summary, data subjects must submit a PCR test every two days to meet the requirements of consistently negative evidence.
Proof of 2G is required from the age of 12 (from the 12th birthday).
The card for children under 12 can be activated in the online tool without proof.
Exception rule for children of school age = from 12 years and born on 01.09.2006 or later applies:
The fully completed "Ninja Pass" is valid as proof of 2G (even on weekends). For the school-free period (holiday season and phases of homeschooling) the “Holiday Ninja Pass” is valid for all young people from Germany and abroad who are not or not fully vaccinated. All those born before September 1st, 2006 must provide proof of 2G (vaccinated or recovered). The card for children under 12 can be activated in the online tool without proof.
Before you can link your ticket to the 2G proof, you must first purchase a ticket. So if you want to link your Friends Card or existing KeyCard with the 2G proof, this must first be topped up with a valid ticket.
1. Online – Web portal
Link your Ski amadé Winter season ticket or ticket purchased online to the 2G proof from the comfort of your own home.
Prerequisite: Purchased ticket + digital 2G proof.
Link ski ticket with 2G proof now
The verification of your 2G proof or the activation of your ticket must be carried out separately before entering the respective ski area. The best thing to do at the moment is to use a second mobile phone:
- Step 1: Open this link on the mobile phone of your partner / friends / family: https://safe2ski.services.skidata.com/portal/ticket-validation (can also be found on the Ski amadé homepage )
- Step 2: Enter your ticket number (located on the back of your ski ticket)
- step 3: Scan the QR code of your necessary Covid certificate (about a vaccination or recovery), confirm and off to the ski slopes!
- When you confirm, a green square will appear that shows you how long your Covid certificate is valid.
2. Ticket / Pickup machine*
Here you can link the ticket directly with your 2G proof.
Requirement: Purchased ticket + digital 2G proof.
3. Cashier’s desk*
The ticket can also be activated directly at the ski pass cash desks.
Prerequisite: 2G proof.
Please keep your 2G proof ready for possible checks at all times for the duration of your stay in the ski area. Information on data protection can be found here.
* Please inform yourself about the possibilities of the individual ski resorts.
The ski pass is only activated for the period of validity of your necessary Covid proof. After expiration you will then need to provide a new Covid certificate (online or on site) in order to continue using the season ticket.
What is the procedure if the ski pass is issued/sold via third parties? (Group trips, ski school courses, school trips, etc.)?
If lift tickets are issued by third parties (e.g. by teachers for school ski courses, etc.), this third party can carry out the control of the necessary Covid proof if this has been contractually agreed with the sales point (cable car company) in advance.
The third party works for the lift operator and the Covid certificate does not have to be presented every time the cable car is used.
- Up to the age of 6, masks are not compulsory.
- Up to the age of 14, a tight-fitting mouth and nose protection is sufficient.
- From the age of 14, FFP2 masks are mandatory
Covid proof requirement
Proof of 2G is required from the age of 12 (from the 12th birthday).
Exception for unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated school-age adolescents = from 12 years and born on September 1st, 2006 or later applies:
- For young people of school age who are required to attend school in Austria, the fully completed "Ninja Pass" is valid as proof of 2G (also at weekends).
- The “Holiday Ninja Pass” applies to young people of school age who are required to attend school abroad.
- All those born before September 1st, 2006 must provide proof of 2G (vaccinated or recovered).
Corona security measures valid from November 08, 2021
Overview Corona regulations (from November 08)
|FFP2 + Mouth/nose protection*||2G Vaccinated Recovered**||Other regulations|
|Access / waiting area, use of gondolas and lifts & outdoors||Yes||Yes||Everywhere where the minimum distance of 2 meters cannot be maintained.|
|Ticket offices | Infocenter||Yes||No|
|Gastronomy – huts and restaurants||Yes||Yes||Registration obligation from 15 minutes dwell time.|
|Public buses | Bus stops||Yes||No|
|Intersport-Rent and other stores||Yes||Yes||Increased 2G controls are to be expected.|
Corona safety measures for ski operation
In order to guarantee the safety of all, the following regulations currently apply to the lifts:
- The permanent wearing of an FFP2 mask is compulsory for everyone over the age of 14
- The FFP2 mask requirement applies in all closed rooms, toilets, buildings, public transport, in the queuing areas, on the lifts, in the gondolas and outdoors wherever the minimum distance of 2 meters cannot be maintained.
- Children from the age of 6 to the age of 14 are allowed to wear a close-fitting mechanical protective device (MNS) that covers the mouth and nose area instead of the FFP2-mask.
- In order to guarantee everybody’s safety, the requirement to wear a FFP2 mask in the prescribed areas applies, without exception, to every guest over the age of six.
Guests will be required to show proof of 2G: So you must be either vaccinated or recovered to use the lifts. Furthermore, the wearing of an FFP2 mask (see "Where do I have to wear a mask?") is mandatory in closed rolling stock and stations.
All cable cars and lifts will be aired as best as possible – Please ensure you air adequately during your ride (open windows, open the weather protection cover, etc.).
All lift facilities (cable cars, chairlifts,…) will be regularly disinfected.
All cable cars and lifts can be filled to a capacity of 100%.
Disinfection possibilities are in the toilet facilities and at the ticket office area.
Guests will be made aware of the current Corona safety regulations by means of signs and loudspeaker announcements on site.
- Currently there is the 3G rule in the workplace. All cable car employees are either recovered, vaccinated or Antigen or PCR tested.
- All cable car employees are required to wear a FFP2 mask in closed vehicles and stations in contact with customers.
- The employees of the cable car companies are trained or instructed in accordance with uniform guidelines and regulations on the Corona safety measures.
- All employees of the cable car companies are subjected to regular health checks. In the event of suspicion, tests are carried out immediately and the employees are immediately isolated from the company organization.
- The cable car companies each have an employee responsible for Corona who is responsible for planning and implementing the measures.
Hotels & Accommodation
The accommodations are open for you!
- A 2G certificate (vaccinated or recovered) is required for accommodation
- No 2G proof is required for children under 12 years of age
- School-age children (see here) can also provide proof of 2G with the ninja or holiday ninja pass
- There is an FFP2 mask requirement in all buildings in all generally accessible areas
- Which rules apply to the restaurants in the hotels – see here.
- For the rules for wellness areas and fitness studios, please contact the hotel directly
Huts & Gastronomy
Huts & restaurants are open for you!
- A 2G certificate is required
- FFP-2 mask requirement indoor: Applies to guests as soon as they get up from the table. In the accommodation when entering generally accessible areas. Operators and employees also have to wear an FFP-2 mask when contacting customers in closed rooms.
- The curfew is set at 10 p.m. and the obligation to register for guests must be observed – unfortunately, the night catering can only open after January 10, 2022
- No consumption while standing, food and drinks only at the administration point
Important information about the winter season
We have carefully researched the information currently available on skiing operations and skiing holidays based on the ordinance of the Austrian Federal Government. However, Ski amadé is not an authority and cannot provide legally binding information. For further details on the current legal provisions in connection with Corona, please refer to an extensive FAQ on the website of the Ministry of Health or on the official EU page.
Please respect the measures and comply with them for a safe coexistence.
All information will be continuously updated. Last update on 17.01.2022.
The current legal regulations apply. All information is subject to change.
All contents of this page have been compiled in the best of the editor's knowledge and belief. All contents and information may be subject to alterations. State regulations form the legal basis for operation. Information and material regarding protective measures have been provided by the Austrian Chamber of Commerce – Division Ropeways.