The toughest running and ski touring event in the Alps!
With an extremely steep finish slope in mind, known all over the world for ski races, some runners may ask themselves: Run up on snow? Why? How? Why?
Because it is one of the most special and extraordinary running events in all of Europe and you can use spikes and sticks! Wearing a crash helmet is compulsory. Otherwise, for ski mountaineers, as for runners at the starting gun, it is simply: “Full throttle!” The “SnowRun” is a spectacular race format that is taking place in Schladming for the sixth time. Conquering more than 1,000 meters in altitude over a length of 3.4 km is not something that can be done simply "passing by". The route goes from the Planai Stadium to the Schafalm.
- Place and date: Schladming, December 12, 2020
- Start Block 1 / Elite: 5.30 p.m. (100 people, a time under 1h or an ÖSV membership must be shown when registering, via link)
- Start of block 2: 5.45 p.m. (there is no time limit for the second block, but everyone should be at the finish by 8.15 p.m., the last gondola leaves at 8.45 p.m.)
- Destination: At the mountain station
- Distance: Approx. 1,080 meters in altitude and 3.4 kilometers as the crow flies (the route runs along the FIS slope)
ContactStart Planai Stadion