with the local people - further information provided by tourist office in Gröbming
New-found tradition in the Alpine Beer Pub Markterwirt! The regional roots, the personal style of the Schneider family and the structural conditions constitute a unique atmosphere in the Gasthof in Altenmarkt-Zauchensee. Our house, in the heart of Altenmarkt, is a typical tavern. For guests a place to get to know the country and its people and to experience warm hospitality. Savour regional specialities and international delicacies. Lovely, elegant dining areas and restaurant entice guests in to spend enjoyable hours here with us.
A sophisticated composition of tradition and Styrian cosiness, modern lifestyle, effortlessness, and full enjoyment.
Gusto-box: 7 different pizzas
Winter pleasure with lots of fun on the floodlit Aeroplan natural toboggan run: ascent with the Schlossalm lift, Toboggan-hire at Finish Oberhaitzing, 3.3 km long, altitude difference approx. 450m, time required approx. 30 mins., Skiing area Schlossalm – Aeroplanstadl – Weinetsberg
• for all those speed freaks who want to know how close they can get to the speeds reached by professional downhill skiers (140 km/h) or to the World Ski Speed Record (248 km/h) – we can tell you this much though – 80 km/h is pretty hairy!
• permanent speed course on the Powder Shuttle piste
• a 300 m speed decent from the top to the finish line
• it can be reached from all mountain lift stations “on top” of Shuttleberg Mountain:from the Kleinarl side with the Bubble Shuttle or via the Schüttlealm lift and the Fürstwand lift; or from the Flachauwinkl side via the Powder Shuttle
• it’s situated just after the flat approach piste, past "lil" Stash, on the left hand-side of the piste before the piste gets steep – distinctive yellow start house: carving and speed skiing
• no extra fee – included on your ski pass
• the course can be rented hourly for competitions
• speed skiing competition every Thursday from 10 am to 12 noon. Simply come along, take part and win great prizes.
Whether a relaxing break in between or at the "stop-off" after an eventful day on the slopes – our ski bar is always a popular meeting place.
OPEN GOLF St. Johann Alpendorf
Der OPEN GOLF St. Johann Alpendorf ist die perfekte Anlage für Golfanfänger, aber auch für fortgeschrittene Golfer. 1x 9-Loch Pay & Play ORANGE COURSE, bespielbar ohne Mitglieschaft und ohne Platzreife. 1x 9-Loch BLUE COURSE Turnierplatz, großzügige überdachte Driving Range, Putting Green sowie Pitching Green.
In winter the countryside is especially well suited for pursuing the sport of cross-country skiing. The 45 kms on extensively laid out and extremely well-groomed loipes of Salzburg's Sun Terrace (7 kms with snow-making), guarantee an unforgettable cross-country experience.
Starjet 1 - Mitte Hermann Maier FIS Weltcupstrecke