Ski amadé: THE event region – here, everyone gets their money’s worth
In Ski amadé, we also regularly shake things up off the slopes as well as on the slopes. This should be clear to you after reading this blog, with various highlights from the Ski and Snowboard World Cup and with plenty of international stars and other fantastic events in the 25 local councils that take care of the cultural and culinary high spirits.
With international top headliners, Ski amadé also rang in this season in a traditional manner and that meant with a ski opening in Schladming on Saturday 01.12.2018: Stage free for “The Toten Hosen“.
At this year’s Ski Opening, modern rock was at the forefront, instead of acts such as Martin Garrix, DJ Antoine or Darius & Finlay who performed at the big event in Schladming in 2017, which had more of an electro music theme. But it was not only Schladming that regularly shines brightly with an array of stars, many other ski regions all over the Ski amadé region give the VIP’s a microphone in the hand and therefore you can see, with a bit of luck, big stars such as Jared Leto or Sarah Connor on the slopes....
Two absolute things you must see if you are a newbie when it comes to German music, electro fans or one of those who prefers reggae or more softer tones, then you must see the following events:
- Sound and Snow Grand Opening of the new Schlossalmbahn in Bad Hofgastein | 18.01. - 20.01.2019 | with the Fantastischen Vier, Andrea Berg, DJ Ötzi, Martin Garrix, etc. More information about the event or tickets can be found here.
- Sound Everest winter festival on Hauser Kaibling | 29.03-01.04.2019 | with Moop Mama, Mono & Nikitaman, etc. More information about the event or tickets can be found here.
For the competition freaks
Also for the competition freaks amongst you, the Ski amadé event calendar has a lot on offer. You can see various World Cup races and Freestyle contests and see the top athletes up close on the winter sports scene or you can prove your own sporting ability at one of the following events:
- Cash 4 Tricks Tour | 20.01-25.03.2019 | Snow parks of Ski amadé. At one of the many Pop Up events throughout the month, you can turn your tricks into cash. More information.
- Speed Race | until 31.03.2019 | Flachauwinkl. Adrenalin Junkies can venture onto the speed course at Shuttleberg every Thursday between 10am and 12pm. Prizes and goodies await the quickest.
For kids events such as the Shuttle Games (always Wednesdays and Sundays) or the Kids Day (every Tuesday) until 31.03.2019 in Flachauwinkl, promise a lot of fun and excitement.
Or are you curious about other top snow events of a different kind?
Highest farmers market in the Alps | 16.03 -23.03.2019 | Ski amadé. In the framework of the ski and wine enjoyment week, at selected locations in all of the 5 Ski amadé regions, tasty treats are on offer for sampling or buying in front of a very impressive mountain backdrop. Special highlights are the market stands on the Dachstein glacier or in the panorama dome in Sportgastein. (To the list of participating locations)
- Big-Bottle-Buddeln | 22.03.2019 | Großarl. From 2pm onwards, gold digging atmosphere prevails, with a lot of prizes hidden in the snow.
- 3. Craft beer festival of the Alps | 23.03. - 30.03.2019 | Region Hochkönig. Sample the highest quality of “handcrafted“ beer accompanied with other culinary highlights and framed with the best party atmosphere and DJ sound in selected hotels and ski huts around Maria Alm, Mühlbach and Dienten.
- Snow Volleyball Tour | 29.03-31.03.2019 | Wagrain. At this tournament, digging, dumping and smashing are on the cards and namely at peak level on centre court of the top station of the Flying Mozart. Here, it is not only the Ö3 Pistenbully who takes care of the party atmosphere...
In conclusion: the event pool of Ski amadé leaves no wishes unfulfilled. From Technic freak (Atomic X-Perience Days), to wine lovers and cable car cuisine (wine tasting, cable car dinner, etc.) to a girls days out (Ladies Week in Großarl – this year with Christina Stürmer!), everyone can find what they are looking for and really get their money’s worth.
Here you can find an overview of all of the Ski amadé events.
With the mobile event calendar on the free app Ski amadé Guide you can stay well informed from now on!