The Schlossalmbahn is brand new and takes you right to the start of the longest run in the Eastern Alps. After this run and many more dream runs, it is time for the first stop. This will take place in the Weitmoser Schlossalm, where the ski tour will kick off with a great Skihauben soup made by the award-winning brothers Obauer. Before the main course, a change of huts will be announced. Onto the Jungerstuben where on the menu you can find recipes from the Hauben award winning chef Vitus Winkler. For a nice walk after lunch there are several viewpoints on the suspension bridge, the pebbled path and the viewing platform at the Stubnerkogel. Later on, skis and snowboards are put aside and you can snuggle up in a blanket while going with a horse-drawn carriage through the wintry landscape of Angertales. We end the tour with an evening at the Hirschenhütte where the wine tasting will surely have an appetising effect on the Austrian cuisine.
THE HOTSPOTS OF THE TOUR:
- Schlossalm - longest run: For experienced skiers looking for a challenge, the Hohe Scharte Nord is well suited. With a total length of 10.4 km and a difference in height of 1,440 m it is one of the longest runs in the Eastern Alps, where you can easily put some distance behind you.
- "Gipfel"-Breafast - Aluminiumkugel: A richly set table with rolls, spreads, salmon, ham and everything your sweet tooth or your spicy heart desires. Also sweet, is the chef who takes your egg orders, who instinctively knows what you want. (Every Wedensday, maximum of 12 people)
- Weitmoser Schlossalm: A stop at ski-restaurant-bar-Alm wine house in the Weitmoser Schlossalm is one of the absolute highlights of a day’s skiing. As the dish of the Gasteiner Skihauben is a soup created by the Obauer brothers.
- Jungerstubn: Great ambience, beautiful terrace and a magnificent view at 1,650 meters above sea level – that is the Jungerstubn. Here, the ‘Hauben’ chef Vitus Winkler has created a main course. The Jungerstube is also Ski amadé’s wine-partner with a rich assortment of Austrian fine wines.
- Viewing point - Stubnerkogel: Glocknerblick, pebbled path, a 140-meter-long suspension bridge – those who would like to enjoy some fascinating views of the slopes should definitely make a detour to the suspension bridge or to the Glockner view!
- Malted wine tasting & Horse-drawn sleigh ride: Riding in a horse-drawn carriage through the Angertal, it will truly feel like you are in Winter Wonderland. If you’re lucky you’ll see some shy deer in the snowy forest. The trip will not lead you to a castle but to a ‘Glühweinstand’ :)
- Hut-evening in the Hirschen Hütt’n: Here, the hut specialties such as fried chicken, ribs and Kasnockn are served in big pans. From the hut leads an idyllic lighted walking path which will get you to the centre of Angertal in only 10 minutes.