Whether you are a beginner skier, a fast skier or a pleasure skier – Planai and Hochwurzen have the right slopes for you. Thanks to highly efficient snow-making systems, the slopes can be prepared every day anew for the upcoming skiing day. Around 700 snow-making machines from Austria's largest snow-making system. The Planai's most legendary slope is the 4.6 km FIS descent from the Planai summit to the valley, which ends in the famous Planai finish slope. But also more relaxed winter sports enthusiasts will feel at home on the wide slopes of the Planai & Hochwurzen. For little skiers the Hopsi-Winterkinderland is the experience on the Planai.
Superpark, Funslope, Funcross
Between the "Märchenwiesebahn" area and the Planai Superpark, the Funslope and Funcross offer a wide variety of activities for young and old. The mixture of snowpark, boardercross and slope provides fun off the slopes. While the Funslope with its tunnel, wave track and snow snail is ideal for all ages and ability levels, the Funcross for the advanced skier with smaller freestyle elements provides an action-packed experience. Whether professional or beginner, everyone will have fun in the Funslopes and Funcross!
Wide and long downhill runs, easier slopes and a 575 m long funslope with lots of fun obstacles ensure a family-friendly and varied range of slopes on the Hochwurzen. Here you can not only enjoy skiing during the day, but also at night. Don't miss this special experience! On the wide and freshly prepared 3 km long slope in the light of the modern floodlight system it is a very special feeling to pull your swings into the snow. Also the 7 km long natural toboggan run on the Hochwurzen invites you during the day and at night. Tobogganing on the Hochwurzen is a unique experience, especially for the little guests. On the curvy toboggan run, young and old can enjoy the magical mountain panorama. The toboggans can be brought along or rented directly on site. The Gipfelbahn Hochwurzen takes you up to the Hochwurzen mountain station, where the tobogganing fun can already begin. The refreshment turn also does not come too short. The huts are well placed all over the mountain.
Hopsi Children's Winter Wonderland
Also in this season the little skiers can accompany the mascot of the Planai and Hochwurzen on his journey around the world in the "Hopsi Children’s Winter Wonderland". Hopsis Journey leads from China over Europe up to Australia. The Hopsi Children’s Winter Wonderland is in the area of the "Märchenwiese" on the Planai and can be reached not only with skis, but also with the Hopsi Express (inclined elevator). As a result, new skiers and their families can easily and comfortable reach the Hopsi Children’s Winter Wonderland. Fun and joy come first, so there is nothing to hinder the first turns. Beside the ski school area there is also a public area. Here the little skiers can learn to ski in a playful way. To ensure that children, their families and non-skiers get safely from the Planai mountain station to the Hopsi Children’s Winter Wonderland, there is a pedestrian tunnel between the mountain station of the gondola and the mountain station of the Hopsi Express.
Advantages & Highlights
Your ski advantages on the Planai and Hochwurzen:
- Wide slopes in numerous variations – from comfortable to challenging
- Highly efficient snowmaking systems for top preparation
- Modern valley station building "Planet Planai" with shop, ski depot & info point
- Guaranteed parking due to the underground car park and multi-storey car park
The highlights again at one glance:
- NEW: 10er gondola on the Planai.
- Planai Klangpiste: Carving to the favourite hit from the jukebox into the valley.
- Sky Toilet: The slightly different toilet at in 1,800 metres.
- Planai Superpark: High up in a perfectly shaped park.
- Permanent race tracks and fast tracks: the hit for real racers.
- Slope of Fame: Carving in the footsteps of the winners.
- "Hopsi Children’s Winter Wonderland" with the "Hopsi-Express".
- The 4.6 kilometre FIS descent from the summit to the valley.
- World Cup Park Planai: Start your skiing day relaxed in the modern underground car park.
- Planet Planai: The ultra-modern valley station awaits you with service at the highest level.