Ski holiday in Schladming-Dachstein
Between the superb south faces of the Dachstein and the Schladminger Tauern you will find all the highlights which the winter has to offer.
The 8 winter sports centres of the Schladming-Dachstein holiday region impress with the variety of their amenities, Styrian hospitality and their very own charisma.
The Schladming 4-mountain ski complex links the 4 largest Styrian ski mountains – Hauser Kaibling, Planai, Hochwurzen and Reiteralm. 123 kilometres of pistes and 44 modern cableways and lifts – non-stop! That is unique, not just in Ski amadé, but also in the whole of Austria.
Services from A-Z
The mountain restaurant 'Berggasthof Scharfetter' is located right beside the top station of the Schladming-Tauern gondola lift. You can eiter choose the cosy mountain restaurant for food, or the 'Umbrella-bar" and enjoy a tasty titbit prepared in the giant pan.
Overnight stay on the mountain
Also, the 'Berggasthof Scharfetter' offers the possibility for overnight stays, according to the slogan: Feel good and be spoiled in a relaxing and individual atmosphere, in a holiday region high above the everyday life!
- Styrian 'Kasnockerl' (Cheese spaetzle)
- Kaiblinger Hüttengröstl (savoury traditional dish)
- Kaiserschmarrn mit Zwetschkenröster (Austrian style pancake with stewed plums)
- Traditional dishes prepared in the giant pan at the Umbrella bar.
Cross-country trail in Forstau WinklForstau details
The tip for cosiness: the ski hut convinces with youthful touch, culinary delights, and friendly service.
Alpine gastronomy, selected wines, and great service await you when taking a break from skiing on the Hauser Kaibling.
- Tafelspitzsulze (prime boiled beef in aspic) with field salad on onion rings and pumpkin-seed-oil vinaigrette
- Spinach-sheep cheese pancake with lettuce
- Oven potato 'Surf & Turf', prawn wok with jasmine rice
- 2 pieces of homemade 'Buchteln' with custard (sweet dumplings)