Ski on the Hauser-Kaibling
The perfect start to pure skiing pleasure: The Hauser Kaibling with its parking guarantee offers the ideal first step into the Schladming 4-mountain ski complex. For the second time the recently redesigned ski mountain has received the “Best Ski Area in Europe 2013” award, impressing with its guarantee of snow, perfectly groomed pistes and 14 cosy mountain lodges – all serviced. You will enjoy a breathtaking panorama from the highest point of the Schladming 4-mountain ski complex at 2,015 metres. The “Pleasure Island” with free WLAN invites you to relax before and after the loveliest runs.
- European ski area test winner 2013 & 2010, Styrian pistes stamp of quality
- 2 valley runs, directly from and to the car parks
- Pinnacle of pleasure at 2,015 metres – the highest point of the Schladming 4-mountain ski complex
- Unique Pleasure Island with 360 degree panorama loungers
- Audi children’s ski area in the Kaiblingalm
On the Hauser Kaibling your day’s skiing becomes a real pleasure.
Top events am Hauser Kaibling
"Tradition of Snow" Ski ShowDec 24, 2016 - Mar 27, 2017
Easter Egg Hunt in Haus im EnnstalApr 13, 2017
Easter Bunny really has had fun on the pistes of the Hauser Kaibling. He has buried a lot of colourful Easter Eggs with fantastic surprises in the pistes on the Hauser Kaibling.
Our Special Tips
Services from A-Z
The mountain restaurant 'Berggasthof Scharfetter' is located right beside the top station of the Schladming-Tauern gondola lift. You can eiter choose the cosy mountain restaurant for food, or the 'Umbrella-bar" and enjoy a tasty titbit prepared in the giant pan.
Overnight stay on the mountain
Also, the 'Berggasthof Scharfetter' offers the possibility for overnight stays, according to the slogan: Feel good and be spoiled in a relaxing and individual atmosphere, in a holiday region high above the everyday life!
- Styrian 'Kasnockerl' (Cheese spaetzle)
- Kaiblinger Hüttengröstl (savoury traditional dish)
- Kaiserschmarrn mit Zwetschkenröster (Austrian style pancake with stewed plums)
- Traditional dishes prepared in the giant pan at the Umbrella bar.
The tip for cosiness: the ski hut convinces with youthful touch, culinary delights, and friendly service.
Alpine gastronomy, selected wines, and great service await you when taking a break from skiing on the Hauser Kaibling.
Skiing & Wine Enjoyment Week 18 to 25 March 2017
- Tafelspitzsulze (prime boiled beef in aspic) with field salad on onion rings and pumpkin-seed-oil vinaigrette
- Spinach-sheep cheese pancake with lettuce
- Oven potato 'Surf & Turf', prawn wok with jasmine rice
- 2 pieces of homemade 'Buchteln' with custard (sweet dumplings)
'Harrys Lärchenpavillion' il located in the Kaiblingalm area, at the "Alm 6er" chairlift. The friendly team awaits you!
- Homemade Pizzas
- Terrace BBQ
- Styrian Cheese bread (grey cheese from teh Ennstal valley)
- Styrian 'Spreckbrot'.
The 'Bergschlössl' is the Hauser Kaibling sun-courner and has many sun loungers to bark in the sun!
- "Steirer-Jaus´n" with cheese sausage wrapped in bread dough
- Homemade apple or cheese strudel
- Every day 'Happy Hour' from 14:00 to 15:00 h.
Daniel Mairamhof, the innkeeper, has wholeheartedly specialised on local produce and selected wines. Hence, it is for a good reason that the hut 'Krummholzhütte' has become Austria's '1. Genusshütte' and it has been presented the award "Europe's most popular ski hut 2013 & 2011".
Many celebrity guests come together here, as, for instance, for the event "Schneegenuss mit Haubenkoch Johann Lafer!" (delicacies with top chef Johann Laferl) or for the shooting of Hansi Hinterseer's "Wintertraum in Schladming"!
Dreaming at 1.800 metres above sea level
At the "Krummholzhütte', you can also stay overnight!
- Ennstal valley bread soup - seved in a jar
- Roast Lamb (Hauser Kaibling Alpine lamb) with vegetables and potatoes
- Best 'Kaiserschmarr'n' with apple sauce! (Austrian style pancake)
- Typical drink: selected wines
The 'Gondlstüberl' is located right beside the top station of the Hauser Kaibling 8seater gondola lift.
- Styrian 'soup-pot' with beef, carrots, and noodles
- Roast porc with dumpling and salad, Grandma's apple strudel with whipped cream
We offer a set menu every day (Soup and main course with salad) for € 9,90!
VIP Heli-Ski in the Hauser Kaibling ski resort
We will pick you up by helicoper directly at your company, private home, or national or international airport and fly you non-stop up to the top of the Hauser Kaibling at an altitude of 2.015 metres in just a few minutes!
Little time is spent and ultimate fun and pleasure is guaranteed, and you experice the unique impressive winter scenery in the mountains. We help you to make your individual VIP heli-ski arrangement come true and assist you with anything your heart desires.
Our VIP-helicoperts, professional ski guides, ski and safety gear, luxury culinary treats and lift tickets are available.opening times: Winter
"The highest farmer's market in the Alps"
On the 19th of March 2017, you will be able to try local products and purchase these tasty products from local producers at the Knapplhütte market stands
Skiing & Wine Enjoyment Week - 18 to 25 March 2017
Culinary treats with regional delicacies:
You should definitely not miss out on the regional dishes of the Knappl huts menu.
- Cheese soup with ham cubes, served in a bread pot
- 'Försterpfand´l' pan dish with venison ragout, dumpling and cranberry-apple
- Homemade cheese-blueberry strudel - with local blueberries.
- Besides the classic 'ski-dishes', we serve venison from our deer park - prepared according to a traditional, approved recipe.
A sophisticated composition of tradition and Styrian cosiness, modern lifestyle, effortlessness, and full enjoyment.
- Gusto-box: 7 different pizzas
- Big Burger
- Cheese sausage
- Curry sausage!
Every Fiday and Saturday: Happy Hour from 14.00 h for ALL drinks!