Ramsau am Dachstein
Ski in the Ramsau
On the sunny high plateau at the foot of the Dachstein lies the winter sports of Ramsau am Dachstein. Nestling in the heart of the 4-mountain ski complex, the area around the small village enjoys a particular snow guarantee. Spend an active holiday with downhill and cross-country skiing, winter or snowshoe hiking, tobogganing, touring – or let yourself be enchanted by the fairy tale Ramsau landscape on a romantic horse-drawn sleigh ride.
- 12 ski lifts suitable for families right in Ramsau am Dachstein
- “Kali‘s children’s experience pistes“- the largest children’s ski world in Styria
- Kaliland in the ski schools
- 3.5 km fairy tale ski run and night toboggan run on the Rittisberg
- Winter welcome parties and children’s snow parties
- 150 km classic cross-country ski runs and 70 km skating and challenging cross-country runs
- 70 km groomed winter hiking trails and horse-drawn sleigh ride tracks
Top events in Ramsau am Dachstein
Kali's Childrens' Snow Festival 2016/17 in Ramsau am DachsteinJan 4, 2017 - Mar 1, 2017
Our Special Tips
Services from A-Z
The kid's cross country ski park offers this variety. There is a large snow hill for ascents and downhills, even through gates and over jumps and other obstacles. Ball games, relays or running games can be played on this ski-playground.
The Dachstein is the Alps' first glacier seen from the east, and it is one of Styria's five most visited destinations. Even the ascent in the Dachstein gondola is an impressive adventure. Without lift pillar, it brings its passengers on a level of 2700 m, conquering about 1000 metres of difference in altitude in only eight minutes, passing sheer rock walls.
There are 3 different hiking - trails, which surround the Ramsauer Hochplateau.
For example the Rittisberg Fairytale trail. From the start of the walk at Ramsau Beach, next to the Rittisberg 4-seater chair lift valley station, follow a wide forest path through the wood to the Rittisstadl. Dotted along the route, which is a good 1.5 hour walk, are approximately 30 fairytale stops to entertain visitors. If children have paid close attention at each stop, when they reach Rittisstadl they can complete a fairytale quiz to win a small prize.