An extraordinary skiing experience for the whole family
Especially families feel particularly comfortable on the slopes in the family ski area Snow Space Salzburg. This is partly due to the slope offer with over 90 percent of blue and red runs and on the other hand due to the numerous highlights which can be found along the slopes.
An array of attractions such as the Wagrainis Winter World, the Snowpark in Alpendorf, the Funslope in Wagrain or the Kidsrun in Flachau cause fun and variety during your family ski holiday in the Snow Space Salzburg. Increased safety and more comfort for the young passengers are provided by the child safety bars, which were retrofitted to all chairlifts in the Snow Space Salzburg during the summer months.
The Hermann Maier tour across Snow Space Salzburg
The new ski round is named after one of the most famous athletes in Austria: The Hermann Maier Tour.
6700 vertical meters and 35 km of pure skiing pleasure and a fantastic mountain panorama. Following the footsteps of the ski star, signposts lead to the most beautiful places, the sporting highlights and the best panoramic views in the Snow Space Salzburg. The entry point for the Hermann Maier Tour in Flachau is the Achterjet and the Starjet 1.
Facts & Figures
- 20 cable cars
- 6,704 vertical meters
- 35 km of slopes
- Highest point: 1,980 m (Top of Snow Space Salzburg)
- Lowest point: 759 m (Gernkogelbahn valley station)
- Travel time by cable car: 110 minutes
- Mix of black, red and blue slopes – Main section: red slopes
- Skiable within one day. The duration depends on how many specials and highlights you take along the slopes.
New from Winter 2020/21:
The "new" Flying Mozart Cable car and the Panorama Link cable car connecting Wagrain and kleinarl
With the new Panorama Link cable car, which connects Snow Space Salzburg with the ski area Flachauwinkl / Kleinarl and the new construction of the Flying Mozart cable car in Wagrain, winter sports enthusiasts will be able to use more than 200 kilometres of slopes. From the season 2020/21, the skiers can travel from St. Johann / Alpendorf to Zauchensee with one single day pass. That's more than 200 kilometres of slopes.
The new Flying Mozart gondola:
- Carrying capacity 4,000 people per hour – unique in the world
- 11 minutes ride from the valley to the mountain
- Direct transfer to the G-Link aerial tramway
- Free Wi-Fi in all cabins
The Panorama Link cable car connecting Wagrain and Kleinarl
- Link between Snow Space Salzburg and Shuttleberg
- Carrying capacity 2,400 people per hour
- 8 minutes ride between Wagrain and Kleinarl
- 3.2 km driving route with a unique mountain panorama
The highlights in Snow Space Salzburg
At one glance
- 120 perfectly groomed slopes with 100% of snow guarantee and 45 modern cable cars with technological highlights such as the G-LINK aerial tramway and the 8-seater chairlift Sonntagskogel with world's first back heating
- An array of attractions along the slopes such as the Alpendorf snow park, photo points, ski movie trails, funslopes and other highlights
- More than 60 rustic ski huts & après ski bars, 12 professional ski and snowboard schools and sports shops with rental service at all valley stations
- 7 ski resort accesses each with spacious parking areas
- Located directly next to the Tauern motorway only 70 kilometres from the city of Salzburg
- Free Wi-Fi within the whole ski area
- Snow Space Salzburg is part of Ski amadé, Austrias greatest skiing pleasure – from the 1.5-day pass, you'll have access to 760 kilometers of well-groomed slopes and 270 modern cable cars.