Greater. Better. Unforgettable.
The winter sports resorts of Flachau, Wagrain and St. Johann in the Snow Space Salzburg impress with their perfectly groomed slopes and 100% snow guarantee from December on. It can be reached within just 50 minutes by car from the city of Salzburg. Thanks to its spaciousness and the unique range of offers in the three renowned winter sports resorts, Snow Space Salzburg is one of the most popular and most visited ski resorts in the Alps. Relaxation, action, adventure – at Snow Space Salzburg, everyone will find what they are looking for in their ski holidays in Austria. This applies to the slopes, the snow park and to the kids’ adventure worlds as well as to the numerous events, such as the Audi FIS Ski World Cup Ladies Night Slalom in Flachau (which will take place for the 10th time on the 14th of January 2020).
Eco-friendly to the slopes
The premium ski area Snow Space Salzburg offers a ski bus network that is free of charge for skiers and snowboarders residing at the winter sports resorts of Flachau, Wagrain and St. Johann. Therefore, your own car is practically no longer needed and you don’t have to start your day looking for an empty parking space. Anyone arriving from the city of Salzburg can look forward to another special: From December21, 2019 to March 21, 2020, there will be a free* ski bus shuttle from the city of Salzburg to the Snow Space Salzburg. Snow Space Salzburg is located at the Austrian railway network. From the express train station St. Johann i. Pongau, free ski buses will transfer the passengers from all arriving trains directly to St. Johann – Alpendorf, where they can enter the ski area. And there’s even more to it: all those who arrive by train can purchase a discounted combination ticket (train and ski pass) at all Austrian train stations before they arrive.
*for ski guests, who purchased a ski pass for Snow Space Salzburg or are the holder of a Ski amadé multi-day ticket or a season pass.
The skiing area for the whole family
Families feel particularly comfortable on the slopes of Snow Space Salzburg. This is partly due to the slope offer with over 90 percent of blue and red pistes, and, on the other hand, due to the various highlights along the slopes: Wagrainis Winter World, the Snowpark Alpendorf, the new Kidsrun in Flachau, the Hermann Maier FIS World Cup racetrack in Flachau, photo points, ski-movie racetracks, fun slopes, the Devil's Route at the Ghost Mountain and other attractions make sure, that skiing in Snow Space Salzburg stays exciting from the morning to the afternoon. Increased safety and more comfort for the young passengers are provided by the child safety bars, which were retrofitted to all chairlifts in the Snow Space Salzburg.
Family Special at Snow Space Salzburg
By the way – weekends are family time in the Snow Space Salzburg – and that’s for a good reason: on all Saturdays and Sundays during the entire winter season, families can go skiing for a reduced price!
On the traces of ski legend Hermann Maier
The new highlight in the Snow Space Salzburg is dedicated to the Austrian ski: the Hermann Maier Tour. This means: 6700 vertical meters, 35 km of pure skiing pleasure and a fantastic mountain panorama. Following the traces of the "Herminator", signposts lead through the ski area and will guide you to the most beautiful places, the highlights of the region and the best panoramic views.
The entry point for the Hermann Maier Tour in St. Johann-Alpendorf is the Gernkogel cable car.
Facts & Figures:
- 20 cable cars
- 6,704 vertical meters
- 35 km of slopes
- Highest point: 1,980 m (Top of Snow Space Salzburg)
- Lowest point: 759 m (Gernkogel cable car valley station)
- Travel time by cable car: 110 minutes
- Mix of black, red and blue slopes – Main section: red slopes
- Skiable within one day. The duration depends on how many specials and highlights you take along the slopes.
New from Winter 2020/21
The "New" Flying Mozart Cable Car and the Panorama link cable car connecting Wagrain and kleinarl!
The ski area Snow Space Salzburg with its winter sports resorts Flachau, Wagrain and St. Johann will be among the six premium ski areas in Austria that offer their guests more than 200 kilometres of slopes. From the winter season 2020/21, you’ll be able to ski from A (St. Johann-Alpendorf) to Z (Zauchensee) with just one single day pass.
The new Flying Mozart cable car:
- Carrying capacity: 4,000 passengers per hour - unique in the world
- 11 minutes ride from the valley to the mountain
- Direct transfer to the G-Link aerial tramway
- Free Wi-Fi in all cabins
The Panorama Link cable car connecting Wagrain and Kleinarl
- Link between Snow Space Salzburg and Shuttleberg
- Carrying capacity: 2,400 passengers per hour
- 8 minutes ride between Wagrain and Kleinarl
- 3.2 km cable car ride with a unique mountain panorama
The Highlights in Snow Space Salzburg
At one glance
- 120 perfectly groomed kilometres of slopes
- 45 modern cable cars with technological highlights such as the G-LINK aerial tramway and the 8-seater chairlift Sonntagskogel with world's first back heating
- 100% snow guarantee from December on
- More than 60 rustic ski huts & après ski bars
- Just 70 kilometres away from the city of Salzburg
- Located directly next to the Tauern motorway on the Austrian motorway network
- 7 ski resort access points - each with spaceous parking areas
- 21 ski-bus routes take winter sports enthusiasts from their accommodation to the valley stations of Snow Space Salzburg for free and in an environmentally friendly way. In addition, a free ski shuttle takes ski guests from the city of Salzburg to Snow Space Salzburg
- Panorama Specials: the Space O Rama, the G'ILL Terrace, Top of Snow Space Salzburg, the ghost tower, the high-altitude cross-country trail and the winter hiking trail Obergass
- Kids Specials such as the Kidsrun in Flachau, the Funslope in Wagrain, Wagrainis Winter World, the Snowpark Alpendorf and the Devil’s Tour
- Slope Specials such as the Hermann Maier FIS World Cup racetrack, the time measuring tracks in Flachau and Alpendorf, the “Giftabfahrt” (poison run, a very steep, black slope), the Speed Track with a photo point and the Funcross slope in Wagrain
- 12 professional ski and snowboard schools
- Sports shops with rental service stations at all valley stations
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the ski area
- Numerous photo points