The family skiing area in the heart of Ski amadé
Especially families feel particularly comfortable on the slopes of Snow Space Salzburg. On the one hand due to the wide range of slopes with over 90 percent blue and red runs and, on the other hand, due to the numerous highlights that can be found along the slopes.
Family Special at Snow Space Salzburg
Discounted ski tickets for the whole family in the Snow Space Salzburg – families can ski at discounted prices every Saturday and Sunday throughout the winter season.
At Snow Space Salzburg
- Wagrainis Winter World:
Our youngest guests can enjoy a magic carpet, tubing run, mini speed check, beginners‘ snow park, dwarves‘ house and much more.
- Funslope Wagrain:
The best elements from boardercross and the snow park combined along one route.
- Kidsrun Flachau:
With waves and simple obstacles, a snow tunnel and rings – skiing becomes an adventure for our youngest guests
- Devil's path:
You‘ll find „Krampusses,“ witches and other mythical Pongau figures along this forest trail.
- Snowpark Alpendorf:
The Snowpark Alpendorf is the main place for freestylers in the Snow Space Salzburg and offers perfect conditions for all ability levels.
Increased safety and more comfort for the young passengers are provided by the child safety bars, which have been retrofitted to all chairlifts in the Snow Space Salzburg.
Hermann's most beautiful places
The Hermann Maier tour through Snow Space Salzburg
With a cumulative elevation gain of more than 6,700 metres, 35 kilometres of slopes and 20 cable car systems, the Snow Space Salzburg ski region in Flachau, Wagrain and St. Johann-Alpendorf can be easily explored in just one day: on the new Hermann Maier tour.
Signs guide you through the ski region in the tracks of the Flachau skiing star Hermann Maier so that you can enjoy beautiful places, impressive highlights and the best panoramic views. You can tackle the Snow Space Salzburg Challenge on the way and have the chance of winning great prizes. Simply complete seven of the eight attractions located along the Hermann Maier tour e.g. ski movie routes, speed checks and photo points.
Entry point for the Hermann Maier Tour in Wagrain: Rote 8er gondola lift.
New from Winter 2020/21
The "New" Flying Mozart cable car and the panorama link cable car connecting Wagrain and Kleinarl
From the winter of 2020/21 you will be able to ski from A (like St. Johann-Alpendorf) to Z (like Zauchensee) in the Snow Space Salzburg. That's over 200 km of slopes that can be used with just one single day ticket.
The new Flying Mozart cable car
Next year, a modern and high-performance monocable gondola with 10-passenger cabins will be built to replace the 31-year-old cable car. The heart of the railway is the underground middle station, which will provide same-level access to the G-Link aerial tramway connecting the Grießenkar with the Grafenberg.
- Carrying capacity of 4.000 passengers per hour – unique in the world
- 11 minutes ride from the valley to the mountain
- Direct transfer to the G-Link aerial tramway
- Free WiFi in all cabins
The Panorama Link cable car connecting Wagrain and Kleinarl
The new Panorama Link cable car connects the two ski areas Snow Space Salzburg and Flachauwinkl-Kleinarl. The 3.1 km long cable car route leads from the mountain stations on Grießenkareck over the ridge to the mountain station Flachauwinkl-Kleinarl.
- Carrying capacity of 2.400 passengers per hour
- 8 minutes ride between Wagrain and Kleinarl
More highlights in Snow Space Salzburg
At one glance
- 120 perfectly groomed slopes with 100% of snow guarantee and 45 modern cable cars with technological highlights such as the G-LINK aerial tramway and the 8-seater chairlift Sonntagskogel with world's first back heating
- An array of attractions along the slopes such as the Alpendorf snow park, photo points, ski movie trails, funslopes and other highlights
- More than 60 rustic ski huts & après ski bars, 12 professional ski and snowboard schools and sports shops with rental service at all valley stations
- 7 ski resort accesses each with spacious parking areas
- Located directly next to the Tauern motorway only 70 kilometres from the city of Salzburg
- Free Wi-Fi within the whole ski area
- Free ski bus in the ski area and for ski guests coming from Salzburg city