A Hochkönig winter
120 km of pistes, 33 modern lifts, the most beautiful ski circuit in the Alps, delicious culinary delights and more. Welcome to the snow-covered peak of your emotions!
When fabulous snow-covered landscape combines with perfectly prepared pistes, and skiers and freestylers find themselves just as much in their element as cross-country skiers and lovers of gourmet food, then the Hochkönig winter season has begun. The new Gabühel lift in Dienten opens for the first time in the 2019/20 season, providing even more comfort and skiing fun. The Hochkönig is truly an Eldorado for winter sports fans and gourmet connoisseurs. This is where the heart of winter is beating!
in the Hochkönig region
A Hochkönig winter is not a question of either-or...
...but rather both-and.
Expansive, wide, perfectly prepared pistes get every skier and snowboarder excited, whether practising their first turns on the nursery slopes, or attempting the athletic challenges of the Marlies Schild training piste. A few metres away, cross-country skiers follow the trails with the majestic backdrop of the Hochkönig massif. There are 40 km of prepared trails to enjoy. In Maria Alm there is also a night cross country ski trail, and the high altitude trails in Mühlbach and Dienten take your cross-country skiing a level closer to heaven. Further fun awaits winter guests in the Hochkönig Region such as tobogganing, winter hiking, ski touring or fatbiking. Lovely light powder snow and glistening powder slopes offer freeriders pure pleasure too, and the 3 snow parks, fun parks, and 850 m long funslope add to the fun; at 1.8 km long, the Blue Tomato Kings Park in Mühlbach is one of the longest parks in Austria.
6 reasons to spend winter holidays in the Hochkönig Region
- The whole ski area in one day: The Königstour covers 6 peaks, 35 km of pistes, and 7500 vertical metres. Make the tour even more unforgettable by visiting the 3 photo points along the tour at Aberg Langeck, Gabühel and the top station of the Kings Cab.
- Dine like a king: Trendy lifestyle huts and the magic of traditional rustic ski huts. The culinary Königstours combine local delicacies with modern cuisine throughout the ski area. Choose from Heimatliebe (homeland), Kräutergenuss (herbal), or the peak pleasure Gipfelgenuss tour. You don’t need a guide to do the tours, and you can start them any day.
- Hochkönig family winters: Unbeatable offers such as our family bonus, young family tickets, Easter family offer, or our unbeatable weekend prices offer your care-free skiing whilst your children are looked after in the Schneewutzel Kinderclub or on the Funslope.
- Celebrations throughout the region: Experience craft beer or folk music at the various events taking place in Maria Alm, Dienten and Mühlbach, always with plenty of coziness.
- Winter pleasure away from the pistes: Discover freedom in the Hochkönig Region with snowshoe hikes, ski touring, or an evening toboggan ride.
- That “so much to experience” feeling
Summer holidays at the peak of your emotions
Maria Alm, Dienten and Mühlbach
Around the majestic Hochkönig are the villages of Maria Alm, Dienten and Mühlbach with their wide variety of attractive summer experiences on offer. There are about 340 km of marked hiking paths simply waiting to be discovered. Experienced climbers will find plenty of challenging climbs at high altitude, and for those who prefer things a bit more leisurely, the 13 herbal Alms in the Hochkönig Region are just the thing. If you prefer to travel on two wheels, then indulge in the breathtaking mountain panorama, either with or without support (there are over 20 electric bike charging points making the region, perfect for lengthier rides).
6 reasons to spend perfect summer holidays in the Hochkönig region:
- An extended hiking break: the Königsweg route takes you in 4 stages from Alm to Alm, village to village, always with the Hochkönig in sight.
- Around the majestic Hochkönig – perfect on an E-bike – 111km, over 5,000 vertical metres
- Natrun, “the prince’s mountain” in Maria Alm is an experience for all the family, with a high ropes course, forest slide park, and flow trail. What takes your fancy?
- Whizz down into the valley on mountain carts from Toni´s Alm playground.
- Discover the ancient legends and secret tales surrounding the village of Dienten using an audio guide.
- Experience herbs on visits to the Herbal Alms.
- And all that on one ticket, the Hochkönig Card, offering you many free attractions and discounts.