Skiing in Großarltal
Immaculately groomed pistes, modern lift systems and ski lodges with the most charming, rustic atmosphere in the Alps - all this is waiting for you in Großarltal. Unspoilt countryside, the rural character of the two communities, Großarl and Hüttschlag, and the ambience of a modern winter sports region characterise this ski area, which is snow-sure until after Easter. Wide slopes, broad pistes and the very latest lift facilities... The Großarltal-Dorfgastein ski area can be described in just a few words.
There are diverse downhill runs and the piste grooming is exemplary.
Cosy ski lodges, snow bars and sun terraces invite you to stop off and sample the après ski experience.
- Mountain highlights:
- Skikeriki (early-morning skiing followed by breakfast), Ruhe-Platzln (areas to relax and enjoy the outdoors), snow park
- Superb all-inclusive offers
- Ladies' ski week
- Salzburg Mountain Advent event in Großarltal
Top offer: Ski amadé Ladies' Week
Whoever enjoys their ski holiday as a couple in Ski amadé Ladies Week from 23rd until 30st of march and books a weeks package, then receives a free 6-day lift pass from their accommodation hosts. The best thing about this is: this offer naturally also applies for gentlemen!
Top events in Grossarl
Our Special Tips
Services from A-Z
AdegNr. 126, 5612 Hüttschlag tel. +43 (0) 6417 / 347
In Grossarl and Hüttschlag you can go cross country skiing on 25 km of tracked trails. For the most part, the trails in our region are tracked for classic as well as “skating” technique.
In Grossarl as well as Hüttschlag, there are cross-country trails lit up after dark on certain days. The ca. 2 km-long night trail in Grossarl is at the Reitwiese, open to skiers Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 6 until 8:30 p.m. In Hüttschlag, there is a ca. 3 km-long floodlit trail next to the Aschaustüberl. This is available to all skiers on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday between 6 and 8:30 p.m.
House guests, skiers and hikers are welcome at the cosy hotel restaurant at the 4-star Hotel Auhof! While the dining room with hotel bar is only for house guests, tourists and locals meet in the restaurant and bar. The popular restaurant in Großarl is located directly at the panorama cable car valley station. Put down your skis and enjoy regional and international specialties in an elegant country-style atmosphere daily from 11 am to 10 pm.
BillaUnterbergstraße 74, 5611 Großarl tel. +43 (0) 6414 / 8635
"The highest farmer's market in the Alps"
At the 17th, 18th, 19th, 22nd of March 2019, you will be able to sample and purchase tasty products from the market stands at the Gehwolfalm.
- Bacon (selfmade)
- Sausages (selfmade)
- Bread (selfmade)
- Honey (Stallerhof)
- Cheese (Kreuzer Sheep's milk products)
- Spreads (Kreuzer Sheep's milk products)
- Schnapps /Liqueures (Kreuzer Sheep's milk products, Stallerhof)
Moreover the Gehwoltalm offeres selfmade "Krapfen" (doughnuts) with traditional farmers markets dishes on their menue.
Skiing & Wine Enjoyment Week - 16th to 23rd March 2019
- Sunday, 17th: Honey specialities by Stallerhof from Hüttschlag
- Tuesday, 18th: Specialities from the own farm & straw slippers by Lisi Gratz
- Thursday, 19th: Wine tasting by winery Hindler
- Friday, 20th: Sheep milk specialities by organic cheese diary Kreuzer
- Saturday, 22nd: Arler natural cosmetics and bio beef by Gehwolfalm
Culinary treats with regional delicacies:
You should definitely not miss out on the regional dishes of the Gehwolfalm menu.
- O-Power´s lentils soup with lamp from Großarltal (after a recipe from the award winning brothers Obauer in Werfen)
- Bio beef steak of the own production
- Home made "Kaiserschmarrn" with „SalzburgLand“ alpine milk and eggs by Großarler Wandlehenhof