Skiing in Großarltal
Immaculately groomed pistes, modern lift systems and ski lodges with the most charming, rustic atmosphere in the Alps - all this is waiting for you in Großarltal. Unspoilt countryside, the rural character of the two communities, Großarl and Hüttschlag, and the ambience of a modern winter sports region characterise this ski area, which is snow-sure until after Easter. Wide slopes, broad pistes and the very latest lift facilities... The Großarltal-Dorfgastein ski area can be described in just a few words.
There are diverse downhill runs and the piste grooming is exemplary.
Cosy ski lodges, snow bars and sun terraces invite you to stop off and sample the après ski experience.
- Mountain highlights:
- Skikeriki (early-morning skiing followed by breakfast), Ruhe-Platzln (areas to relax and enjoy the outdoors), snow park
- Superb all-inclusive offers
- Ladies' ski week
- Salzburg Mountain Advent event in Großarltal
Top events in Grossarl
4th Grossarl GenussgipfelFeb 9, 2019 - Feb 13, 2019
Our Special Tips
Services from A-Z
AdegNr. 126, 5612 Hüttschlag tel. +43 (0) 6417 / 347
BillaUnterbergstraße 74, 5611 Großarl tel. +43 (0) 6414 / 8635
"The highest farmer's market in the Alps"
At the 11th, 13nd, 15th, 16th and 17th of March 2017, you will be able to sample and purchase tasty products from the market stands at the Gehwolf Alm.
- Cheese (Kreuzer Sheep's milk products)
- Spreads (Kreuzer Sheep's milk products)
- Schnapps /Liqueures (Kreuzer Sheep's milk products, Staller)
Moreover the Gehwolt Alm offeres selfmade "Krapfen" (doughnuts) with special farmers markets dishes on their menue.
Skiing & Wine Enjoyment Week - 10 to 17 March 2018
- Sunday, 11th: Honey specialities by Stallerhof from Hüttschlag
- Tuesday, 13th: Specialities from the own farm & straw slippers by Lisi Gratz
- Thursday, 15th: Wine tasting by winery Hindler
- Friday, 16th: Sheep milk specialities by organic cheese diary Kreuzer
- Saturday, 17th: Arler natural cosmetics and bio beef by Gehwolfalm
Culinary treats with regional delicacies:
You should definitely not miss out on the regional dishes of the Gehwolf Alm menu.
- O-Power´s lentils soup with lamp from Großarltal (after a recipe from the award winning brothers Obauer in Werfen)
- Bio beef steak of the own production
- Home made "Kaiserschmarrn" with „SalzburgLand“ alpine milk and eggs by Großarler Wandlehenhof
In Grossarl and Hüttschlag you can go cross country skiing on 25 km of tracked trails. For the most part, the trails in our region are tracked for classic as well as “skating” technique.
In Grossarl as well as Hüttschlag, there are cross-country trails lit up after dark on certain days. The ca. 2 km-long night trail in Grossarl is at the Reitwiese, open to skiers Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 6 until 8:30 p.m. In Hüttschlag, there is a ca. 3 km-long floodlit trail next to the Aschaustüberl. This is available to all skiers on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday between 6 and 8:30 p.m.
Hotel Edelweiss, Tel.: +43 (0) 6414 / 300
Hotel Tauernhof, Tel.: +43 (0) 6414 / 264
In Grossarltal there are 5 ice-stock rinks.
Ice stock rink, Grossarl – center/Unterberg, Tel.: +43 (0) 664 / 4351628
Ice stock rink, Hüttschlag – Kaminstadl, Tel.: +43 (0) 664 / 3223716
Ice stock at Hotel Alpenklang, Tel.: +43 (0) 6414 / 575
Ice stock at the Hoamalm, Tel.: +43 (0) 664 / 1921494
Ice stock at the Aschaustüberl, Tel.: +43 (0) 6417 / 422