Ski in Sportgastein
As the highest situated ski area, Sportgastein is the resort where the sporty types are at home. Skiers’ dreams come true in Sportgastein, as soon as the snow conditions allow one to leave the piste carpet – therefore in powder and all the more in spring snow.
The special tip: Ski routes 1 + 2 + 3: Deep snow, as far as the eye can see. After a thousand metres of height difference in a deep snow or mogul piste dream you land in the valley floor of Sportgastein. Please comply with the warning notices and closures.
top events in Sportgastein
Services from A-Z
Gatz Music ClubGrillparzerstr. 1, 5640 Bad Gastein tel. +43 6434 2037-0
Restaurant WeitblickSportgastein Mittelstation, 5640 Bad Gastein tel. 0043 (0) 676 4209003
Sublime moments await you at a height of 2,700 metres, when you find yourself embedded once more in the Hohe Tauern national park. The Goldberg cable car will take you comfortably to the top. On reaching the top station, the famer's market entices you in, in the legendary glass-aluminium dome. An impressive natural wonder and fresh regional delicacies - the ingredients for the highest farmer's market in the Alps in Sportgastein.
"The highest farmer's market in the Alps at 2,700 altitude"
From the 16th to the 23rd March 2019, you will be able to sample and purchase tasty products from the market stands at the Panoramakugel Sportgastein.
- Sausages (Schmaranzbauer, Bad Hofgastein)
- Smoked trout (Moserhof, Bad Hofgastein)
- Sourdough- and rye bread (Der Seehof, Goldegg)
- Honey (Beekeeper Schwaiger)
- Jam - apricot, strawberry, blueberry, cherry,... (Der Seehof, Goldegg)
- Herbs/tea/spices (HansiHansi, Bad Gastein)
- Sirup and juices - black currant, red currant, elderflower, blueberry,... (Pichler Barbara, Bad Hofgastein)
- Cheese (Nassfelder Alm)
- Oils (Der Seehof, Goldegg)Schnäpse (Wastlingbauern)