Ski on the Planai-Hochwurze
In the tracks of the world champions – this is skiing on the Planai. In February 2013 the FIS Alpine Ski World Championships took place in Schladming. Guests now benefit from wider pistes, highly efficient snow-making facilities, a modern valley station building, the Planet Planai and one of the most modern underground garages in Europe.
The Planai lies in the middle of the 4-mountain Schladming ski complex, which, with a total of 124 kilometres of pistes, offers skiing pleasure at the highest level. Legendary on the Planai is the 4.6 kilometre FIS run from the summit down into the valley, culminating triumphantly in the famous Planai-Zielhang finishing slope.
The highlights on the Planai:
- Planai Klangpiste: Carving into the valley to your favourite hit from the jukebox.
- Skiing in Paradise: The 8 person high-speed Mitterhaus chairlift is heavenly.
- Sky Toilet: The somewhat different toilet at 1,800 metres.
- Planai Superpark: Up and away in the perfectly shaped park.
- WM-Park Planai: Start your day’s skiing relaxed in one of the most modern underground garages in Europe.
- Planet Planai: The extremely modern valley station awaits you with service at the highest level.
- Slope of Fame: Carve on the tracks of the champions.