SKIING IN ST. JOHANN, SNOW SPACE SALZBURG
In St. Johann, part of Snow Space Salzburg, winter sports enthusiasts will find everything they need for the perfect Austrian skiing holiday: 120 perfectly prepared kilometres of slopes, cosy ski huts, top-class hotels located directly next to the slopes and many exciting activities within the ski area. The fact that it is conveniently located and has good transport connections makes St. Johann im Pongau an outstanding winter sports destination.
Highlights in St. Johann, Snow Space Salzburg:
- Snow Space Salzburg: the new brand composed of the Flachau, Wagrain, Alpendorf in St. Johann im Pongau ski areas
- 120 perfect kilometres of slopes and 45 modern cable cars throughout Snow Space Salzburg
- A short distance away from the Austrian Autobahn network, only 70 km away from the city of Salzburg
- Snowpark Alpendorf: The snow and fun park’s motto in St. Johann im Pongau’s Alpendorf ski area is “enjoy freestyling”. Here in the park freestyle beginners can attempt their first moves and advanced riders can hone their skills.
- The “Devils Route” is great fun for the kids– a forest path through the Geisterberg and the new Ski Movie Alpendorf track
- 100% snow security from December
- Over 60 cosy ski restaurants and après-ski possibilities throughout Snow Space Salzburg
- Free Ski amadé Wi-Fi at almost all valley and mountain stations and countless web photo points
- The venue for numerous events such as the Dutch Alpine World Championships or the legendary Eule Downhill Cross
- Weather information
Top offer: Ski amadé Ladies' Week
Whoever enjoys their ski holiday as a couple in Ski amadé Ladies Week from 21st until 28th of march and books a weeks package, then receives a free 6-day lift pass from their accommodation hosts. The best thing about this is: this offer naturally also applies for gentlemen!
Top offer: 4=3 package
4 days’ skiing for the price of only 3.
The 4=3 package includes 4 overnight stays and a 4-day lift pass for the price of only 3!
Search for 4=3 offers and book now
Top offer: Ski & Board Special
7-overnights in the choosen accommodation incl. 6-day skiticket Ski amadé from € 445 per person in a double room!
Top offer: Bed & Breakfast + Ski
The B&B ski offer is the ideal opportunity for a good value ski holiday in Austria. Those who like to do their own thing will find real bargains here in the pre, mid and late season.
Advent in the MountainsNov 29, 2019 - Dec 1, 2019
Krampus ParadeDec 5, 2019
Krampus ParadeDec 6, 2019
Our Special Tips
Services from A-Z
Play billiards or a game of darts, enjoy a good drink or even come by for dinner. The Ball'azzo Billiard Pub offers everything for a perfect night out.opening times: Monday: 3 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: 2 p.m. – 2 a.m.
Friday and Saturday: 1 p.m. – 4 a.m.
Sunday: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m.
No kitchen on Sunday and Monday!
The toboggan is one of the oldest pieces of winter sports equipment in the Alps – quite simply, it’s a classic. To this day, it remains a source of infinite enjoyment for young and old alike, with countless natural and man-made runs throughout Salzburg’s many valleys.
Start: Hahnbaumalm Restaurant (altitude approx. 1.100m)
Finish: city center of Sankt Johann (altitude approx. 650m)
Easy access to the start via the Hahnbaum double chair lift. The chair is open until 4pm, later ascents possible by taxi (approx. €35.00 one way for up to 8 pax, tariff will vary according to the meter).
BLACKSHEEP – the Irish Pub in town.
Good music, good beer, good people – everything you expect from an Irish Pub.opening times: open daily from 5 p.m.
closed on Mondays and Sundays
Watch a hollywood blockbuster movie in one of the 5 modern cinema halls. On some days during the month, movies are played OV (original version). All other movies are in German (synchronized versions).
In addition to the cinema you can find an entertainment area with table football, airhockey, billiard or you can enjoy a drink and have dinner at one of the two restaurants/bars.opening times: Open daily
Opening hours vary with movie program
What could be more romantic than a ride in a horse-drawn carriage through the magical winter wonderland that is St. Johann? Let your fairy-tale dreams come true! Whisking through fresh snow with warm blanket around your knees, you will be transported to another time and place. Cherish this extraordinary experience – a horse-drawn carriage ride through our scenic valleys.
There are two providers of horse-drawn carriage rides in St. Johann, please contact them to book a ride (min. one day before):
Fam. Schartner, Tel. +43 6412 8024 oder +43 664 2031788, firstname.lastname@example.org